"Sleepy Martha Graham" : OTM Profiles in Three Words or Less
It is an honor to present the Three-word OTM Profile of "Lady Priests" Advisory Board member the Rev. Cella Gillis, deacon and soon-to-be-priest.
1. Describe a moment in your recent ministry that you recognize as one of success and fulfillment.
Zero outfit commentary.
2. Describe your liturgical style and practice.
Sleepy Martha Graham.
3. How do you practice incorporating others in ministry?
With bossy reluctance.
4. How do you care for your spiritual, emotional and physical well-being?
Sacristy floor naps.
5. Describe your involvement in either the wider Church or geographical community.
Seminary cohort bitchfests.
6. How do you engage in pastoral care for others?
Snuggles and merlot.
7. Tell about a ministry project that exists because of your leadership. What was your role in its creation? Who can be contacted about this project?
mission; instigator; Jesus.
8. How are you preparing yourself for the Church of the future?
praying in breweries.
9. What is your personal practice of stewardship and how do you utilize it to influence your ministry in your worshipping community?
I am broke.
10. What is your experience of conflict involving the church? And what is your experience in addressing it?
Angry moms; apologizing.
11. What is your experience leading/addressing change in the church? When has it gone well? When has it gone poorly? And what did you learn?
Brick wall; repeat.
And also: Four keywords that describe your gifts and skills.
Candid, witty, hospitality, fire.
Portrait of Martha Graham by Nikolas Murray, via Wiki Commons